Are you great with people? Are you passionate and energetic? Do you wish to join our team? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Our Customer Relations Team is the face of Rockstar Climbing; they are the front line, delivering excellent customer service with a smile. To join this team, you must be welcoming and friendly, have a ‘can-do’ attitude, and be willing to learn the ropes and strive to go that extra mile.
You must have a passion for adventurous activities; an excitement you wish to share with others, and ambition to perform even the smallest of acts to keep our customers smiling. Whilst climbing qualifications would be advantageous, they are not essential.
Ensuring our best customer service, successful candidates would be flexible and required to work across our opening hours, to include late evenings and weekends, on a part-time basis.
Specific duties will include:
- Representing the company in a manner that reflects our philosophy
- Running our customer service areas including the reception and shop
- Producing high quality food and drink in our café
- Processing new customer registrations and signing in members
- Complying with our safety and operational procedures at all times
- Ensuring the centre stays clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- Reporting to management on a routine basis and being proactive about discussing improvements and innovation where it may be needed
General duties will include:
- Ensuring that all customers comply with company policies and procedures relating to health and safety, fire safety, first aid and risk assessments at all times
- Maintaining security of all personal information and ensuring confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act and our company policies
- Maintaining all company property and the premises as a whole, to our high standards
- Familiarising yourself with, and applying, our Staff Handbook
- Conducting yourself in a manner that demonstrates awareness of equality
and disability issues
- Dealing with customer comments, suggestions and complaints
This job description provides a summary of duties and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Duties are likely to change to reflect developments within the company. We will expect the successful applicant to be flexible when it comes to duties and tasks.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to progress and learn. They will also ideally have the following:
- An understanding of working in a busy customer relations role
- A broad knowledge of climbing
- Experience in a café environment, including food preparation
- An ability to multi-task and keep calm under pressure
- Interaction with people of all ages – from 9 months to 90 years!
- Computer literate
- Experience working with EPOS systems and cash handling
- First Aid trained
- Excellent time management
If you believe you are right for this position and would like to apply please follow these important steps:
- Download our Rockstar Job Application Form
- Either print the form and complete by pen, or if you have relevant software on your computer you can complete the form electronically.
- Once completed either email your application form to [email protected] or physically drop your form into the centre ensuring your application form is sealed in an envelope.
Please note you must include a minimum of two referees who we can contact before interview. Referees cannot be immediate family and ideally at least one referee will know you in a personal capacity and one will know you in a professional capacity.