Want to take your climbing to the next level? Join us on this amazing 4 week course and discover the thrill of Lead Climbing!
Watch our video below to find out what takes place on this course!
What others have said about this course
"I finished this course recently and it was excellent, I can't recommend it enough. If you are thinking about it then just do it! Not only does it teach you all you need to know to take that next step into leading but it has also taught me so much more about warm-ups, climbing techniques and mental preparation. Big thanks to Rich and all the team, you do a great job." James
"I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed and benefited from the course. We had hit a bit of a plateau with our climbing, but now feel we have definitely done that next step up, and so are really keen to keep improving, tackle harder routes and break into new grades!" Emily
"Rich was brilliant throughout the course. It was paced really well, and had a good balance of lead skills and techniques, advanced climbing techniques, and introduced us to tactical climbing plus other things. It was certainly challenging at times, but also achievable. He was really encouraging and pushed us at the right level. We've certainly gained a lot of confidence, and haven't just learned to lead climb but also become better climbers too!" Emily
What is Lead Climbing and why learn?
- Lead climbing is climbing with a rope which you take up as you climb and clip into protection points (known as quickdraws) fixed to the wall at intervals up the route.
- Lead climbing is a step up from top-rope climbing. It is exciting, thrilling and fun and you feel a huge sense of achievement completing a route as a lead climb.
- Learning to Lead Climb boosts your climbing ability and your belaying ability tenfold as you learn advanced climbing and belaying skills.
- Lead Climbing opens up so many more opportunities in your climbing including outdoor climbing.
What will our Lead Coaches teach you on this course:
- You will gain advanced belaying skills and understand how to predict your climbers actions and state-of-mind
- You will learn advanced climbing techniques specific to Lead Climbing
- We will teach you the art of efficient clipping of protection points
- You will discover how to rest and regenerate your energy whilst still climbing
- You will learn how to plan and route read just like the professional climbers
Who Should Book?
- You must be 18 years old or over
- You must be a confident top-rope climber climbing grade 6A or higher
- You must be proficient at top-rope belaying